CIDJAP Team during the ACJ public hearing at Enugu State house of Assembly Bill on 10th Nov, 2016
The legal department of CIDJAP (Catholic Institute for Development Justice and Peace) is well equipped to handle any type of legal problems/issues that is brought before it either through referrals from the judiciary or the public.
Services available at the CIDJAP Legal Department include:-
- PRO Bono Services
- A.D.R. (Alternative dispute resolution)
- Legal representation of persons (indigent persons) who cannot afford the services of a lawyer/legal practitioner
- Counselling services
- Widowhood Rights/Issues
- Gender issues/child trafficking, rape, sex trafficking etc.
- Welfare of prison inmates: including Medicare, faith based counselling, clothing, skills acquisition including WASC, NECO & Open Universities studies. Rehabilitation of discharged inmates.
- The legal department teaches Human Rights as a course at the Ethics and Christian Social Teaching Programme of CIDJAP. A diploma certificate programme affiliated to the Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu.
The department is headed by Mrs. P.C. Egbunna and five lawyers. Due to the volume of work in the department, it sometimes employs the services of Ad-hoc lawyers to help.